Homebody the brand sources quality metals that use high quality plating. With that said, fashion jewelry (including plated, 925 Sterling Silver, Gold fill and expensive jewelry brands) can experience normal wear and tear over time. To extend the life of your jewelry, please give them occasional breaks and to keep them away from any moisture, oils and creams.
Please follow these tips to maintain the quality and prevent early tarnish:
- Keep them in your HOMEBODY the brand dust bag when not in use
- Avoid sweat
- Wipe with soft cloth
- Do not sleep in your jewelry
- Avoid chemicals (especially hand cream and hand sanitzer)
- Avoid bathing, showering or washing your hands with jewellery on
- Wait for hand/face cream to dry before putting on any jewellery
- If your 925 Sterling Silver jewelry oxidises, you can easily get rid of the dark marks and tarnish with a polish cloth
- For brass based rings: Apply a layer of polymer coating/clear nail varnish on the inside of your rings
How to avoid the Green Finger
IMPORTANT: Traces of copper will be found in Gold/Rose Gold plating as this contributes to the colouring of the metal. In some extreme cases of sensitive, highly acidic skin, you may experience some oxidisation (slight greening). The other main cause of oxidisation is chemicals found in hand creams. This is in fact a common trait in even the finest of jewelry.
If you are allergic or sensitive to metals or have had green tainting before then you are likely to experience the same reaction.
Those that are sensitive to metals should not purchase copper/brass based jewellery and instead opt for our Stainless Steel jewelry.
Our 925 Sterling Silver contains 92.5% sterling silver and 6.5% copper which may be a better option for you if have had green tainting before.
We take no responsibility or liability for any reactions that may take place; It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure all precautions are taken as we are unable to know each individual's allergies and sensitivities.